Connect with us


Missing links in Sridevi’s death, Traces of alcohol in body: Dubai police



Dubai Police said initial investigation shows that Bollywood actress Sridevi drowned following loss of consciousness in the bathtub of her hotel room.

They found traces of alcohol in her body and this may have led to the accident. “The investigation is still going on to determine the circumstances surrounding the accident as the forensic report only says that she drowned,” an official told Gulf News.

The police are trying to piece together the sequence of events and find out who was with her when the incident happened.

According to new report Superstar Sridevi died due to accidental drowning in the bathtub of her hotel room and not because of cardiac arrest, reveals the autopsy report of the legendary actress released by the Ministry of Health, UAE on Monday.

The actress was found unconscious in the bathroom of her room at Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel late on Saturday night and was declared dead by the doctors.

Gulf News reported that, Sridevi, who was under the influence of alcohol, lost her balance and fell into the bathtub and drowned.

She was in Dubai along with husband Boney Kapoor and daughter Khushi to attend Mohit Marwah’s wedding ceremony. The entire Kapoor family was there last week.

Her elder daughter Khushi, couldn’t attend the wedding because of she had prior work commitments.

Sridevi, was getting ready at a hotel room in Dubai for a dinner date with her producer-husband Boney Kapoor before she breathed her last.

According to Khaleej Times, Her husband flew back from Mumbai and went to her room at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel at around 5.30 p.m., on Saturday to “surprise” her with the dinner,
He woke her up and the couple chatted for about 15 minutes before he invited her for dinner.

Then she went to the washroom. After 15 minutes had passed and Sridevi did not come out, Boney knocked on the door to check on her.

When he got no response, he forced open the door to find the legendary actor lying motionless in the bathtub full of water, the source said.

“He tried to revive her and when he could not, he called a friend of his. After that, he informed the police at 9 p.m.,” he added.

The police and paramedics rushed to the site, but she was pronounced dead.

Shares 88